A collection of art and writing from youth Elementary-High School, on the environment, nature, and climate change.
If you are within the age range of elementary-high school than you can submit your work to be included in the project! Your work will always stay yours and your name will be next to it whenever it is used.
Either submit your piece through the contact box below or email your submission as a google doc or a pdf file to
Make sure to follow the instructions below on email submissions.
There is a rolling deadline for submissions, so submit at any time!
# 1: Give youth the opportunity to have their work published and provide a sense of community around the state of Indiana relating to the environment.
#2: Show those outside of our generation what we care about, why we care about it, and why they should as well.
#3: Provide a creative outlet of activism.
Needs some Ideas?
Check out this list and get creative:
1. Write a poem about your favorite place in nature.
2. Make a sign for a climate strike.
3. Bake a cake and decorate it with art depicting the environment.
4. Write an essay on why people should care about a particular aspect of environmental concern.
5. Create a makeup look.
6. Write a letter to a politician, the next generation, or Earth itself.
7. Create a painting, drawing, collage, or digital piece of artwork.
8. Write about a personal experience that impacted you.
9. Share photographs you've taken of nature and write a blurb about why you enjoy that place or piece of nature.
10. Any way you can think of to express your feelings, opinions, or experiences! Get creative!
TEACHERS, EDUCATORS, & ORGANIZATION LEADERS
Please email if you would like to request a creative session (on Zoom for now)
A YY volunteer would be happy to work with a group of your students to create their submissions!
Email Submission Instructions:
Subject Line “Project Submission(s)”
Title of file: “Name - City: Title of Piece”
Include in document:
Name (you may remain anonymous)
School (will not be made public or published)
Grade Level (Optional)
City (must be in Indiana)